Archives & Local HistoryBekkum Memorial Library, as a part of Winding Rivers Library System, has expanded access to unique history materials in local libraries by developing a regional online collection of visual images (photographs and postcards) representing western Wisconsin history and culture. This project and collection is named ECHO: Exploring Cultural History Online and is made possible through a 2014 Library Services and Technology Act grant.
Tips for Searching ECHO
If you are searching for something specific (i.e. 1912, automobiles, Vernon County, or Kickapoo River), please use the correct Subject category. This will limit your search and retrieve only the images that fit your criteria.
- Subject Topic- Use these terms to search Subject Topic.
- Subject Geographic- This field holds the names of rivers, bluffs, valleys, etc. (i.e. Kickapoo River)
- Subject Country- United States.
- Subject State- Wisconsin.
- Subject County- Search by county.
- Subject City- Use this to find a specific city, town, village, or township.
- Subject Temporal- Dates are held here. They can be a specific year (i.e. 1912), or they can refer to a decade (i.e. 1910s)
- The Bekkum Memorial Library has a small collection of local history materials available in the library.
- Recollection Wisconsin
A statewide collection of digital images.
- Digital Public Library of America
A national collection of digital images.
- Research Databases
HeritageQuest Online, full-text newspapers, and family history research resources from the Wisconsin Historical Society.
- Bekkum Memorial Library Archive Online
- Check out this very cool panoramic photo of Westby in 1915!